It takes a great deal of courage to ask for help. Appreciating and respecting that courage, my work is to help you target your goals, unblock whatever has been blocking you, and together, as a team, work through the blocks until you feel unstuck, both personally or professionally.
Treatment Approaches: EFT, AEDP, EMDR
EFT Whether working with teens, families, adults, couples, and groups, the use of EFT, Emotionally Focused Therapy, quickly establishes the DANCE, the relationship that you bring to all your meaningful relationships. EFT is short term therapy and is well researched to provide you with the courage, strength, and tools to change your emotional dance, to learn new steps, new ways to understand and be understood.
Interweaving AEDP, Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy, with EFT, I help you become more compassionate towards yourself and those you care about. This work leads to your truth and enables you to tell a meaningful, honest narrative about yourself and your life.
Attachment-Focused EMDR is a treatment to heal childhood trauma from abuse and neglect. Poor parenting in early childhood leaves us with unhealed wounds. Attachment-Focused EMDR has the potential to heal relational trauma and the lack of secure attachments.
I am a therapist who is available and reachable.
It is my belief that you and I are in a healthy, thoughtful, mindful relationship that is safe and confidential.
This in itself is reparative and drives the therapy, creating space for you to discover a new way of being (dancing) in the world.
Education & Credentials
- Masters Degree: USC School of Social Work
- Year in Practice: 18+ years
- License: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, License #22044 – California
- Advanced Work Includes:
- EFT: Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy w/ Sue Johnson
- AEDP: Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy w/ Diana Fosha
- EMDR: a trauma treatment psychotherapy w/ Laurel Parnell
Affiliations & Associations
- I am listed on ICEEFT and AEDP’s list-serve for therapists working in either Beverly Hills or Hermosa Beach, CA
- I am soon to be added to the Laurel Parnell Institute for attachment based EMDR